Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Text Chatting

It's stupid.

That's right, I said it.

If you want to chat, fine, go chat.  Over coffee or tea or dessert.  Don't text me and ask me what I'm doing unless you are about to suggest doing something else Together where we will be able to talk face to face.  I do not want to tell you all about my day in a series of 160character messages.  I sure as hell don't want to be bombarded by messages about your day either, so don't do that.

I feel the world is missing an important difference between texting and chatting.

Sure, technology has improved in such a way that you can now run a chat program (or IM if you like) from your fancy little iphone or whatever.

This does not excuse you; you're annoying.

Texts are designed to be short, sweet, and direct.  If you just walked by the craziest thing you have ever seen in your sad little life then by all means - text your buddy that you just saw the craziest thing you have ever seen in your sad little life.  But save the details for when you meet up later.  Or take a sly pic and send that out.

Stop sending stupid text messages with ". . . " like you're bored because I'm not talking to you.  You are not sitting on your ass in front of a computer monitor waiting for my next response.  Go do shit.  That way you'll actually have something to talk about when you see your friends later.

What am I supposed to do, respond to each and every asinine text you send just to maintain your ego?  Will you not be my friend anymore because I didn't text back in a timely manner to your message that consisted entirely of the word 'So'?

This is why texts cost money!  Because as soon as they had Unlimited Texting there was a monsoon of perfect examples as to why dumbasses should never breed!  Drunk texting is the thing now, not drunk dialing; because why tell just ONE ex girlfriend all the dirty things you want to do to her when you can mass send a single text to your entire contact list?

If you have a pal that likes this text chatting business then that's great for you; you can go be lame & annoying together.  Leave my cell the hell out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment